Triphala is widely used in India. It is a traditional homeopathic remedy in Ayurvedic medicine. This is an ancient Indian medical system that utilizes natural resources for its formulations… mostly from the plant kingdom… they also used animals, metals, and minerals… recommended more than any other Ayurvedic formulation, but what is Triphala fruit?
To sum it up. Triphala is a combination of 3 tropical Indian forest fruits. They work wonders on their own, but something more magical happens when they are joined in unison. The whole is greater than its individual parts… sorta like the Beatles!
- AMALAKI, or generally referred to as Amla or Indian Gooseberry, is the all-star of the trio. Amla has way more antioxidants than any other fruit. This superfood offers excellent immune system support. It also helps controls blood sugar levels, is a wonderful anti-inflammatory, and is often used for digestive issues in India.
- BIBHITAKI is loaded with linoleic acid works wonders for your cardiovascular system. It also helps improve insulin sensitivity and blood pressure. It also helps reduce body fat.
- HARITAKI is used for healthy bowel function (elimination and regularity). It supports a healthy liver and it has a calming effect which helps with anxiety issues.
Below I have reviewed several popular Triphala products that are available on Amazon. I am an affiliate there and receive a small commission if you decide to make a purchase. Anything you buy on Amazon supports an affiliate somewhere and has no effect on the actual price offered at Amazon. Thanks for visiting my site.
Starting back in the 1990s, the founders of Organic India approached local farmers in India in an attempt to get them to convert to organic farming methods. The farmers were skeptical. They had every reason to be. They tried to industrialize the farming community in the 1960s. This pursuit of industrializing the agricultural community was a complete failure.
Communities were destroyed and the environment was damaged. Farmers ended up in debt and in poverty. Who could blame them for not trusting outsiders with a new scheme. Organic India was finally able to recruit some farmers to join their mission.
Organic India shared some common beliefs with the farming community. They desired to bring back the old ways and recover some traditional agricultural wisdom. They set out to reestablish healthy farmlands and thriving forests.
Their business model places importance on sound social, economical, and environmental standards. They also believe in fair trade in regard to their farmer partnerships.
Organic India has joined forces with thousands of individual farming families spanning the Indian subcontinent. This has helped develop strong communities by bringing a higher quality of life to these villages.
These farmers apply a holistic, ecological, and ethical approach to farming. No synthetic chemicals are used. No GMO or irradiation is permitted.
Organic India is dedicated to being a trustworthy and global leader in providing healthy organic products to the world.
How are The herbs processed? First thing, all the herbs are grown using organic farming methods. Then they naturally are air-dried, in the sun or shade (depending on the requirements of each plant). Once dry, the herbs are processed in their own certified organic facilities.
The herbs are ground into a 30 mesh particle size. This helps maintain the herb’s botanical integrity. Then the products undergo a dry steam sterilization process to meet stringent safety protocols, Each batch is then tested to ensure they are compliant with AHPA safety standards. They are checked for heavy metals, fungus, molds, pesticides, yeast, and bacteria.
And finally, no fillers, artificial flavors or colors, or preservatives of any kind are added to any of their herbal products.
Are the herbs raw? Are they sterilized? Organic India preserves their herbs as close to their natural state as possible. The herbs are heated just high enough for sterilization, so they can no longer be considered raw. They use a nonchemical sterilization process to clean the herbs and get rid of any possible harmful pathogens.
Are all of the products 3rd party tested? Yes. Each batch is tested thoroughly for contaminants. Also, botanical ingredient integrity testing is done to ensure the potency of the herbs.
What are the capsules made of? Pullulan. This a natural mushroom biopolymer. Pullulan is created by extracting water from the mushroom that is grown organically on a tapioca starch substrate.
Pullulan also creates an oxygen barrier which in turn prolongs the product’s shelf life. This also protects it from oxidation.
What should I do if I have a negative reaction to a herbal remedy? Stop using it right away and contact your medical health professional.
You can contact a medical safety team, that works with Organic India, if you like. 1-888-550-8332 x6 with any questions or concerns you may have.
Are Organic India’s products safe to use during pregnancy? Always consult with a physician before taking any supplements.
About Organic India Triphala
- ORGANIC TRIPHALA – These fruits are gathered from wild regions in India.
- VEGAN – GLUTEN-FREE – Non-GMO – Kosher and Halal Certified
- GROWN WITH REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE METHODS – All products are grown and harvested ethically. They have partnered with thousands of local farmers to help restore the health and wellness of the land and communities.
- LEED PLATINUM CERTIFIED – They are the very first food production facility in India to receive the LEED Platinum certification. This is the highest rating you can receive with LEED. It is all about going GREEN and its sustainability.
Organic India Triphala Herbal Supplement
Digestion & Colon Support
Banyon Botanicals was founded in 1996. They have been serving the Ayurvedic community for over 20 years. It started out with a love of Ayurvedic herbal remedies. Banyan Botanicals takes great pride in offering the largest selection of Ayurvedic herbs available.
Banyan Botanicals is committed to bringing you the highest quality Ayurvedic herbs at affordable prices. They only promote certified organic products that are grown by farmers using renewable resources. Protecting the environment for future generations is a high priority at Banyan. This includes the careful conservation of soil and water.
Are Banyan Botanicals products tested? Absolutely. Each individual batch of herbs are tested for lead, mercury, arsenic, and cadmium. They use independent United States laboratories for testing.
Does Banyan use animals in product testing? No way! They are committed to the humane treatment of animals.
Why does Banyan use plastics for their products? Many factors are considered at Banyon in making decisions… quality… customer service… economics… and environmental impact. They use highly recyclable plastics PET and HDPE. These are both BPA FREE. Fewer resources are used in the production of plastic bottles versus glass.
Why go organic? Organic farming is best for maintaining environmental health. It is also safer for the consumer. The products are not contaminated by toxic chemicals like growth hormones or pesticides. It is better for yielding healthier and robust crops.
Are Banyan Botanicals produced in the U.S.? Banyan collects raw herbs from all over the world. A huge chunk arrives from India and is grown in the states. All the final products are produced in the United States,
The products then are immediately quarantined and tested in their Albuquerque warehouse. They must meet their standards before they bag up the powders or make tablet formulations.
About Banyan Botanicals Triphala
- Triphala translates into three fruits in Sanskrit (ancient Indian language). Made from the highest ORGANIC TRIPHALA POWER. This traditional formula helps clean your intestinal tract, maintain regularity, and promotes healthy digestion. It also works as a colon cleanse… but gentle on your system. You won’t have to stay close to your bathroom as you would with a more common colon cleanse.
- Use TRIPHALA every day. You may notice a change within a day or it may take up to 4 to 6 weeks. Please allow time for it to work itself into your tissues to do its work. You can start with a small dose and work to larger quantities if needed.
- The powdered form is the most traditional way to take this formulation. Triphala has a bitter taste, so take the capsules if you don’t want to mess around making the powder more palatable (adding something sweet to the mix). However, in India, the taste is considered by Ayurvedic medicine to be an essential part of the process. This starts your digestive process and signals your body to start its own internal pharmacy.
- BANYAN BOTANICALS is dedicated to producing the highest quality AYURVEDIC products. They only use USDA certified organic herbs. They practice fair trade. All the products are 3rd party tested to ensure product quality and your safety.
- 100 % GUARANTEE. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with their products, they will gladly accept all returns and give you a full refund.
Banyan Botanicals Triphala Powder
SIZE 1 POUND
RATING 4.4 OUT OF 5
Banyan Botanical Triphala Tablets
SIZE 90 TABLETS
RATING 4.6 OUT OF 5
Bayan Botanical Triphala Guggalu
Detoxification and Metobolic Support
About Triphala Guggulu
- TRIPHALA GUGGULU is a classic Ayurvedic formula. It helps clear natural toxins from all the channels and tissues of your body. It helps support healthy cholesterol levels that are already in the normal range.
- The 3 fruits of TRIPHALA help in detoxifying and nourishing your system. GUGGULU RESIN helps heat and scrape natural toxins deeply embedded in your body. This should effectively cleanse your body… particularly your digestive and elimination systems. It also works on your blood and on your joints.
- TRIPHALA GUGGULU promotes healthy body metabolism. It is also an excellent tool for weight management.
SIZE 90 TABLETS
RATING 4.5 OUT OF 5
Micro Ingredients is located in Montclair, California. They work exclusively with Amazon and Walmart.com (as well as their own online store) They keep their prices affordable and are committed to offering high-quality products. They span the globe searching for the best ingredients to deliver to your doorstep.
They use the most up-to-date equipment, so they can convert raw materials into the purest form of powder. They go to great effort to ensure the product’s potency.
Micro Ingredients only use USDA certified organic ingredients and absolutely allow no GMO. No additives or fillers are ever used for any of their products.
About Microingredients Triphala
- MICROINGREDIENTS use only USDA Organic Pure Triphala Powder. 8 ounces. No GMOs and Vegan friendly.
- Vigorously support COLON CLEANSE, DIGESTIVE HEALTH, and WEIGHT MANAGEMENT.
- No additives or fillers. No preservatives. No Gluten.
- Scoop included for proper measurement. Take it every day with or between meals with water… or add it to a shake or smoothie. Find out for yourself what the most nutrient-dense food on the planet is about.
- Taking it in powder form is better for quicker absorption and is more gentle on your stomach.
Organic Triphala Powder
SIZE 8 OUNCES
RATING 4.2 OUT OF 5
Nutridosha believes strongly in looking out for their employees, suppliers, partners, customers, and community. They strive for 100% satisfaction, 100% of the time.
They choose relationships with partners and suppliers who share the same values. Quality and potency are extremely important at Nutridosha. All products that are subjected to 3rd party testing to verify the purity and efficacy of each formulation.
Nutridosha is confident that you will love their products and if for any reason, you are not completely satisfied, they will replace your product or offer a full refund within 60 days of purchase… no questions asked.
- TRIPHALA is the most popular and respected traditional Ayurvedic formula. 3 superfruits from the Indian subcontinent: Amalaki (Amla), Bibhitaki, and Haritaki. This powerful fruit trio offers awesome support for your digestive system, liver, respiratory system, and immune system.
- You will be able to DETOXIFY, DEEPLY CLEANSE, AND RESTORE BALANCE to your body. Take their gold standard premium Triphala formula. Triphala is an exceptional source of linoleic acid and vitamin C.
- Widely valued in ancient India. This formula has been working for a long, long time. It is known as an Ayurvedic fat burner and internal cleanser. Triphala promotes proper digestion. The nutrients are also easily absorbed and assimilated into your body. Triphala is an effective treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- TRIPHALA is also an effective anti-inflammatory and detox agent. It is power-packed with antioxidants. Amla is a ROCKSTAR in the antioxidant world. This SUPERFRUIT may help you remove toxins and fats cells, lower cholesterol levels, and act as a mild, but effective, colon cleanser. And FINALLY… It may help you improve your body’s blood flow by promoting healthy nitric oxide levels.
- They stand behind their quality. Manufactured and third-party tested in the United States in a certified organic facility. Capsules are vegan friendly.
Pure Premium Triphala
SIZE 60 CAPSULES
RATING 4.3 OUT OF 5
Triphala is a cheap and effective way to build immune system support. It would be a difficult task to import these 3 superfruits and try to make your own formula. Amla is a SUPERSTAR antioxidant, but a special magic occurs when these three fruits come together in unison. It is the most popular AYURVEDIC FORMULATION going back a thousand years. India has a long and rich history and has always been on top of their game when it comes to the human condition.
If you are serious about your health, give TRIPHALA a try. Thanks for reading.
Many Blessings, Brian.
I am in no way stating that Triphala will cure any conditions or diseases. The human body is finicky. What helps one person, may not work as well with others. The numbers are on the side of Triphala’s effectiveness in helping people improve various areas of health.
My immune system is solid, but I also consume a lot of Klamath Blue-green algae. What I can verify… since I have been taking Triphala, my digestive tract moves really smoothly. It runs so easily and smoothly. I can attest to this. This is what it’s known for in India. I have regular and smooth movements of my number 2 every day (not everyone likes to talk about that, right!). This is what I can verify for myself. Constipation does plague a lot of people. Proper digestion is so important for maintaining optimal health!
Have a good one.